How to have frosty fun in a birthday party for kids
Get snowed in and throw a snowman party for your little guy! You really can have a
party with any theme you like, even one with snowmen, and here's how to let it snow,
let it snow let it snow:
- Print snowmen: Get the party started with free snowman printables from Living
Locurto. Use these party embellishments for labeling bottles of snowman drinks.
They include super cute sayings, like "Nice to Snow you." You'll find a pretty blue
and red theme of bottle wrappers, gift tags to use for favors, cupcake wraps
- Make a melted Snowman: A simple and funny decor idea is to set out a large
glass mason jar filled with water. Float a carrot nose, and a couple of olives and
three large red buttons in the jar and seal. If you can find a small plastic top hat
float it too. You may find one in the New Year's section of your party ,local
supply. The finishing touch is a piece of red felt or fabric around the neck of the
jar. Voila! You now have a melted snowman to display. See more snowman
decore ideas below.
- Serve Winter party foods. You'll find rock candy swizzle sticks to embellish drinks,
white Jordan almonds and white candies for a candy buffet and more when you
visit our white party food ideas. Your party colors might also include:
Foods to serve at a snowman party
What to serve at your party? There are a blizzard full of fun ideas. We've gathered our
favorite food ideas for a snowman party here:
- Snowman bagel: Serve the simple snowman bagel, top left, as a way to inspire
the birthday kid for the party. Simply spread cream cheese on a bagel and have
the birthday kid decorate the creation with veggies.
- Vintage snowman cake pop with milk: Start with empty frapuccino glasses, which
look like vintage milk bottles. Scrub them clean, fill them with milk, and top them
with an edible snowman head: simply a small donut hole or brownie bite
covered in white fondant. Add a fruit rollup scarf and "glue" chocolate chips to
the glass with a dab of white icing gel.
- Snowman cookie craft: Have kids decorate frosted cookies with edible markers,
- Snowman theme birthday cakes:
- Check out how to make Frosty the cupcake: See the video from Family Fun.
- What a better way to serve up the snowmen cupcakes than with the snowmen
baking cups, left, by Wilton.
- Set out your creations on Winter white cake stands for your dessert table.
- Do not forget the donuts. The mini powdered donut is an edible snowman
decoration idea. Make easy Snowman donuts by decorating mini donuts with
icing gel eyes, a raisin smile and candy corn nose.
- Sip a snowman. The sweet Snowmen sippies will help the kids wash down all the
yummy snowman treats with this idea from Better Homes and Gardens. Find a
glass soda bottle (Jones works well, because you can remove the label), fill it
with milk, then top the bottle with a skewered donut hole with a straw in your
- More snowman theme party food ideas
- Snowmen appetizers (skewer & stack three meatballs). Add a small carrot
wedge for the nose, and make a face with
- Rice cereal treat snowmen.
- Make a melted snowman: vanilla ice cream. Or serve up a coconut snowman (an
idea from Martha Stewart).
- Cream cheese balls
- Roast marshmallows over the firepit to serve a Toasty Snowman. Idea from
- Decorate a snowman cookie: If you're looking for a great craft idea for the party
or project for kids this winter, try the wonderful box of gourmet sugar cookies,
left. Organic rich vanilla sugar cookies, baked fresh to order, the snowmen
cookies include the amazing edible food-coloring markers. Kids will love drawing
something they get to eat.
- Snowman Cake pops: Skewer three marshmallows on a stick and dip on white
candy melts. Or save yourself the trouble and buy the yummy marshmallow
snowman pops left, by Sugar Plum Chocolates
Snowman party favors
- Do it yourself snowman favors:
- Transform three York Peppermint Patties a pretzel bag and some crafty
imagination into this sweet homemade snowman treat.
- Make snowman pencils, assembly line style with help from Martha Stewart.
- With open arms, the snowman bendies, left, are irristably cute and kids love to
fiddle with them.
- Snowman porcupine are always loved by kids simply because of the texture.
- Stock up on snowflakes! Get loads of snowflake decorations cheaply at the Dollar
Tree stores annually. You'll find foam white varieties and clear plastic ornaments,
as well as blue coasters and large blue foam pieces you can place like doilies
under your dishes for the buffet. And of course you can always make your own
snowflakes from paper the old fashioned way.
Real Snowman parties
Having a snowman party is most definitely unique, but others have had this unusual
party idea. Check out the real snowman parties:
- This party is a real blast: Check out snow for parties in Los Angeles. This
"entertainment contractor" will create snowy landslides so you can make
snowballs, snowmen and live in a winter wonderland, no matter the balmy
Southern California weather.
- Snowman milk to the cookies: Warm up to this candy coated snowman party
featuring snowman milk bottles. Nothing is better than milk to wash down a
donut or cookies!
Tell us about your real Snowman party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
All about a Snowman party...
(C) Copyright 2009-2013. All rights reserved. Updated 7/7/13.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties and pony parties.
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
Stack up on snacks for a Snowman party: try the donut snowman idea, left, or snowman
pretzels, right, by Family Fun. Above, get free snowman printables by Living Locurto.
Snowman eggnog: start with a
clear punch bowl. Use icing gel
inside the bowl for the face.