Spa Birthday Party
How to set up shop for a soothing spa day party
Make her birthday SPA-cial indeed: set up shop for a spa day party for kids. Relax, you
can host a spa party at home, and save on the hotel bill with our spa party ideas. If
you have a pool, all the better, because you can throw a spa pool party.
Here's how to throw a memorable spa themed birthday party she'll long remember:
- Cast a relaxing spell of pink. As kids spa parties go, nothing is more important
than pink! A pink spa day birthday cake is in order, as is pink party food, such as
pink meringues, pink parfaits and pink lemonade. Tickle them pink. Transform
the party space by draping pink sheets on the furniture. Set the table with pink
peonies, and light pink candles. Everyone looks pretty in pink, so head to our
favorite kids party supplier: Making Believe:
- Outfit the girls in spa robes, right
- Deluxe Spa Party Teddy Bear Favor pack. You'll get 12 sets to give party
guests, including a lovable plush bear and an organza drawstring bag
with mesh sponge, two hair clips, cotton puffs, toenail sponges, and a
comb. Very Spa-cial indeed!
- Inflatable footbath: ideal for manicure / pedicure parties, the girls will love
to soak their feet and take home this usual favor.
- Slip in to something more comfortable. Provide robes, a facial headband, slippers
or flip flops, so that your spa party patrons will immediately feel welcome to
your relaxing setting. See our flip flop party ideas. The spa party packs, right,
will help establish a salon atmosphere for your party.
- Pamper her like a princess! The Spa Princess Cookbook, left, reveals recipes for
sensational spa treatments and delicious edible treats for your party. Soak the
birthday girl in a milk chocolate milk bath. Show the girls how to scrub their feet
with Pink Peppermint Foot Glow, or give them a Peachy Keen Princess Smoothie
to sip. The Spa Princess Cookbook will get you cooking on more wonderful ideas
for a spa birthday party. It will be invaluable for homemade soaps, facials,
lotions, sugar scrubs for your next spa-themed sleepover.
- Send the girls on a vacation from themselves. Inhale then exfoliate: do so by
setting a relaxing scene of ocean waves, and inhale the fragrance of essential
oils, such as vanilla lavender. Inner Splendor Media is proud to present Music for
Deep Meditation. Help body and mind relax with the Healing Power of Ocean
Waves & Tibetan Singing Bowls audio, left. Accompany this soothing music with
a simple yoga lesson.
- Make it a girls night in! This party is ideal for a sleepover, though you may
encounter some parental resistance, particularly if they aren't personal friends.
Broach the topic with parents before arranging an over night party to ensure
you can accommodate everyone on your daughter's guest list.
Spa birthday invitations
Give her the royal treatment and open your own "Ooh, La-La Day Spa" for an ultra
girlie birthday she'll remember for years to come, and here are some ideas to
accentuate the theme:
- Appointment card invitations! Dahling you can pamper the pals with an
appointment card invitation. A kids spa birthday will seem more real with
business cards and you can order free business cards from VistaPrint, pictured
left. (You pay only the shipping.) Include the cards in your scrapbook and with
the thank yous.
- Salon promotional invitations. Create your own labels for travel size shampoo
with your beauty salon logo and the invitation information, and hand deliver
them to your spa party patrons. Want mail invitations? Put your party
information on bath salt envelopes instead.
- The Slip-her invitation. Your spa themed sleep-over party for the girls will be
super cute when you cut your own slipper-shaped invitation from pink
construction paper. It's easy to add a fuzzy marabou style ribbon and accent
with a pretty pom-pom. You can also buy the whole gang real slippers, upper
left, stuff your invitations inside, and invite guests to bring them to the party.
Now that's ho you slip-her an invitation!
- Spa Day Party invitations and wording ideas:
- It's the Grand Opening of the Ooh-la-LA Day Spa!
- And you're invited to relax with the Birthday Girl, Maddie
- Reservation: Saturday August 22 at noon
- The Ooh-La-LA Day Spa is located at: 123 Main Street
- RSVP: Confirm your appointment at 867.5309
Setting the Scene for a spa day party
The party decor is particularly pink with white for a spa day party. Fill bowls with
floating candles and flowers. For the bathrooms, you can fill the tub and decorate it
with rose petal sprinkles for your spa guests to discover. Here are more ideas for
setting the scene for a spa day party for kids:
- Create a reception room. As party goers arrive, have each girl check in at the
"front desk." An adult or teen can man a desk at the entrance. Decorate with a
vase of pretty flowers, have a phone and an appointment book handy as props
and the business cards you ordered for free. Set up chairs and a low table filled
with teen magazines. Ask the party patron whether she has an appointment,
then offer her a beverage choice and allow her to change into a robe behind a
curtain or in the bathroom. The girls will feel instantly grown up and pampered
with this special touch.
- Decorate your American Doll. You'll find a doll sized Day at the Spa themed set on
Etsy.com. Set it out for decoration.
- Get an "Ahh" for your spa cake! This simple spa party cake makes use of a towel
as part of the cake design.
Spa Party Activities
The eyes have it for a spa party. Start by serving a refreshing spa drink with a pretty
parasol skewered with fresh fruit. Then pile on the veggies (cucumbers that is). Kids
will love the cool refreshing cucumber eyes. While you can take the kids for a
professional manicure or pedicure, it's so easy to give the kids a spa day at home by
hiring a manicurist to come to the party. Or do it yourself: all it takes is the proper
tools. Here are more ways to create a spa at home:
- Make your own spa products: The kids will love making their own spa products to
take home. Best of all, they double for party favors! Here are some popular and
- Body Glitter: Home made body glitter is easy to make with supplies found
at the dollar store. You'll need just three things: aloe vera gel (found in
the summer months as a topical after sun remedy), dry glitter and small
plastic containers (all found in the craft section). First, allow kids to
personalize their container. Glue tiny shells to the lid of the plastic
container, or provide pretty, glittery stickers. Next, give every kid a pick of
glitter colors. Have kids pour in a small amount of glitter in colors they
choose (less than 10% of the size of the container). Follow the glitter
with a squeeze of aloe vera gel to fill the container. Provide everyone
with a stirrer to mix their concoction. Remind parents and kids not to put
body glitter on the face near eyes or mouth. This is body glitter
appropriate for hands, arms, legs or chest. Simple but kids love this one.
- Want more ideas? Go by the book: Crafty Girl Beauty, Things to
Make and Do by Jennifer Traig and Julianne Balmain.
- The Wild Science Beauty Salon kit, left, includes more than 12 activities
and experiments with bubbles and scents. Create crystal potpourri, soap
volcanoes, sublime slime, instant fizz and much more. It's not just a fun
beauty salon activity, but kids will learn about the structure and changes
of properties of matter, mixtures and solutions and chemical reactions.
Ages 10 and up.
- Make a production of it. The Spa Factory, pictured left, features two essential oils
and all you need for lip blends, perfume sensations and sugar body scrub for
three girls. Plus, there's perfume gift bottles, body gift jars, and lip gloss gift jars
so each girl can take her custom creation home. The set also includes recipe
cards, spoon whisk, funnel, pipette, and the fold-up, party box with storage
drawers and carrying handle.
- Nail it with nail art. Manicure parties for girls are so easy to host. Give the girls a
mani and a pedi. Start with the pedicure gaining inspiration from "Toe-rrifc: A
Simple Guide To Creating Healthy And Beautiful Feet," right. For the manicure,
try Klutz nail art, which includes six water-based, non-toxic, peel-off paints and
easy instructions to paint bumblebees, berries, butterflies, bears, and even
baseballs on fingers and toes. The peel off manicures are good for the little
ones, but a real manicure is more fun. Right, the Nail art glitter polish set will
give the girls just the right amount of sparkle.
- Important safety reminders about a spa party for kids:
- Don't be a jet setter. If your spa treatment involves a hot tub, turn off the
jets for safety. Also, require girls to wear their hair up, do not allow
anyone to submerge their head, and be sure to supervise the activity
- Be foot loose and fungus free! Keep pedicure and manicure equipment
hygienic. Don't allow girls to share nail clips, nail files and other
equipment. Provide individual bowls for soaking. Give each girl her own
- Don't burn out. Never leave candles unattended or near curtains.
Spa party foods
After spa treatment, treat the kids to a spa lunch. Surprise the kids with more frilly
treatment. Wrap a pink boa on each chair. It provides a luxe touch (especially if you
transform the girls from their spa facial headbands to the boas).
Wondering what to serve at your SPA-go? The SPA Princess Cookbook, left, will
provide all the inspiration you need.
Set out a variety of spa food selections to include menu items on the lighter side, and:
- Fancy sandwiches: Cut cream cheese sandwiches with cookie cutters from
alternating white and white bread. Add a hint of pink to the cream cheese with
food coloring or mix with strawberry jam. Garnish the plate with cucumber slices
to give the "cucumber eye" effect, and fresh chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Freeze strawberry yogurt sticks, (this gives new life to an old kid favorite).
- Transform Nutter Butter cookies into flip flops. See our Flip Flop party ideas.
- Spa cake: For an easy spa cake, try angel food cake with whipped cream and
- Wedge of lime on the glass with pink lemonade and a cherry on top.
- Watermelon triangle in a clear glass with limeade spritzer
- pink parfait
- pink milk (grenadine with milk)
- Use pretty swirly drink straws.
- Spa Princess Fondue. Any kind of chocolate fondue will do for your spa
princesses. For dippers, try angel food cake chunks, Madeleine cookies, pretzel
rods, banana slices, strawberries, marshmallows and vanilla wafers.
Spa party favors
For party favors, let them keep their spa facial headbands or pink spa masks, flip flops
or slippers or if you've splurged, the robes. The pretty organza Ooh-la-La favor bag is
ideal for a spa party, stuff it with these ideas:
- Manicure pedicure kit: Create your own manicure pedicure kit for kids to include
nail polish that sparkles, a pretty nail file, funny toe separators, plus travel
lotion with your custom information on the label.
- Pretty potions & lotions. Create your own labels for lip gloss and hand lotions.
Include pretty soaps and bubble bath salts.
- Duck out easily. Collect spa rubber duckies, left, three or four for each guest.
Resources for a spa party
Real Spa Day Parties for kids
Kids spa parties are so much fun to host. We've gathered some kids parties that we
hope will inspire you to host one of your own:
- Purse themed Spa party: The best ever real spa day party for kids comes from
WH Hostess at thepartydress.net. This elegant and relaxing affair for the girls
included a candy bar in a colorful combination of bright yellow and pink. In this
luxe party, the girls enjoyed facials, manicures, and pedicures. They also made
their own lip gloss and beaded bracelets. Lucky Birthday Girl Emma and friends
also received sweet flip flops and matching pink robes!
Now it's your turn. We'd love to hear your spa party ideas. If you're having a
spa themed birthday party, please share party ideas with us on Twitter. The SPA
Princess Cookbook, left, will provide all the inspiration you need.
All about kids spa parties...
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 3/13/14.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
Search KIDS PARTIES now: