Smiley Face Party
How to have the happiest kids party ever!
Have a nice day! In fact, have a super nice day with a super cute Smiley Face party!
Guaranteed to bring you miles of smiles, it's easy to have the happiest kids party on
earth in bright and happy yellow.
Inspiration for this party is a joy as the round shape of a smiley face makes for easy
party food and decorations. You'll make kids and parents alike smile with a smiley face
party. You'll be all smiles too with our party guide.
Here's how to have a very happy kids party:
- Invent a smile. You may not find party plates with smiley faces, but you can
invent your own with Wilton Bold Tip Food Writer Edible Color Markers. Certified
Kosher, you can use them on plates, suckers, fondant and more. Alternatively,
serve food from flying disks decorated with a permanent marker (tuck with plain
paper plate inside).
- Put on a happy face! Nothing says 'smiley face party' more than the iconic smiley
face button. Give everyone a smiley face button or sticker as they arrive to the
party and you're sure to evoke a smile or two. Now take a picture and have
them smile. You're off to a good start.
- Get the hang of it with smiley face lanterns: Yellow is such a happy color for a
party and you'll get the hang of all things happy when you hang smiley face
lanterns. Transform bold yellow paper lantern globes into smiley faces by gluing
shapes from black construction paper. (Markers won't work.)
- Have a ball and get rolling. Let your imagination roll with balls:
- Paint ping pong balls yellow and add a Sharpie mark smile.
- Toss a happy face inflatable beach ball, left, around the party space.
- Get hip with a classic Hippity Hop ball, pictured immediate right.
- Buy other ready made smiley face balls:
- have kids chase after bouncy yellow rubber balls;
- provide squeeze balls with happy faces to help relieve stress;
- toss around knitted hacky sack balls, pictured upper right, for
juggling and kicking;
- ask a question of the magic 8-ball in a happy face design.
Feed your face with smiley face party foods
If ever there was a kids party that deserves a little sweet inspiration, it's a smiley face
party. Smiley face candy abounds! There are smiley face gum balls, smiley face suckers,
smiley face hard candies, Smiley face butter mints, smiley face chocolates, and more.
Plus, you can easily make smiley face cupcakes and cookies. Here are some food ideas
for your party:
- Create happiness with Wilton candy melts:
- Dip donut holes in yellow candy coating.
- Put Oreo cookies on a stick too. Here's the tutorial for Smiley Face stick
cookies using Oreo cookies, a stick and yellow candy coating.
- Wilton's Smiley face pretzel mold is easy to use. Position pretzel rod,
spoon in Wilton melted Candy Melts, then refrigerate to set.
- Lasso some Licorice Lace Smiles: The Smiley Face Cake from Family Fun has
licorice lace smile and peppermint patty eyes. Sweeten the deal further by
adding smiley face sugar cookies to the dessert table.
- Dress up for your little cupcake. Smiley face cupcakes are easy enough when you
use licorice lace ancupcake liners, available from Wilton, pictured left, will dress
them up and make your party extra sweet.
- Feed your face! You'll have piles of smiles when you custom create smiley faced
cupcakes to represent your guests with the idea from Wilton: Feed Your Face
Cupcakes, pictured right.
- Smiley face candies: Party Sweets are available in smiley face packaging and
- smiley face gumballs
- smiley face suckers
- buttermints with smiley print packaging
- Get happy with other yellow party candies
- Smiley Fries. If you're lucky enough to find McCain smiley fries, then you can
serve up the fun with these blog-worthy fries made from mashed potatoes that
are easily available in the U.K.! Word has it, though, that you may find them at in
the U.S. at Walmart, Food Lion and Target.
Smiley Face Party Games and Activities
The smiley face lends itself naturally to play! There are smiley face inflatable balls,
pictured immediate left, as well as hackey sack balls, pictured upper right.
- Nail them with nail art. Paint smiley faces on the girls nails. Don't be surprised if
the boys ask to have their nails painted, too! Set up a Smiley Face Salon. Start
with yellow polish, let dry, then add the eyes and mouth with a black nail pen or
a Sharpie Fine Point Permanent Marker.
- Will you have a wonderful party? The answer is "yes" with the Affirmation Ball,
pictured left. Just turn it over and start filling up with complements, such as "Nice
outfit!' or 'Your breath is so minty!' It's a marvelous plastic friend, and a fun
novelty for the party.
- Have a ball! Juggle or toss around hacky sacks, pictured right. ou'll also find
inflatable smiley face beach balls online. Set up a mini volleyball tent and allow
kids to toss the inflatable beach balls back and forth to each other. You'll also
find smiley face YO-YO paddle games and more online.
Smiley face party games and activities
- Paint a smile! With yellow nail polish and a black nail polish pen, pictured lower
left, you can give the kids a manicure with a smile.
- Smiley Face Balloon stomping: For miles of smiles, blow up yellow balloons and
use a Sharpie to create a smiley face. Tie one balloon to the left leg of each
participant. The object of the game is for kids to stomp their opponents balloons.
The last smiley face wins! Be sure to hand out prizes to the kids who get
- Smile on! Have a smile off where the kid who smiles first is out of the game.
When presented the challenge to not smile, kids can't help but smile. Enlist help
from the adults and everyone not participating to tell jokes, make funny faces
and pretend to tickle. As kids exit the game, give them a smiley face sticker.
Smiley Face Party Invitations
- Smiley Face invitations and wording ideas: Hand deliver invitations with your
message attached to a smiley face sucker, pictured left. Alternatively, mail
invitations with a smiley face button, pictured right:
- We'd love to see your sweet smile for Jordan's 5th birthday!
- Put on a happy face Saturday August 22 at noon
- Come "Have a Nice Day" at 123 Main Street
- RSVP: Happy Camper Janie at 867-5309
- Thank you for the [gift], but it was also you presence that put the biggest
smile on my face.
Resources for a smiley face party
Real Smiley Face Parties
Say cheese and host your own Smiley Party! Here are some real birthdays to give you
Sure, the happiest place on earth is Disneyland, but with a bit of party planning, you
can turn your home to the happiest kids party on earth. So now it's your turn. Tell us
about your Smiley party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
All about a Smiley Face Party...
(C) Copyright 2009-2012 by M.C. Nygard. All rights reserved. 9.17.12
Linking to this site is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any retrieval
system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties and pony parties.
Why cute party ideas? We know kids parties and kids party supplies! Get tips from a former supplier of small toys and
party supplies. You get all the best ideas for a party on one page. Other sites list boring and unnecessary details,
while Cute Party Ideas give you all the details you need to host a great party on one page.
Search KIDS PARTIES now: