How to have an extreme theme birthday party for kids
You've got a little Tony Hawk on your hands and he wants a skateboard party. The
kids will be anything but bored with a skateboard party, and you can go "extreme"
with these fun ideas:
- Skate by ETSY: You'll find ETSY.com has a skateboard birthday invitations, favors,
and even a skateboard fondant cake!
- Skateboard food: Cut flat sandwiches into skateboard shapes, and garnish with
two large pretzel rods for the trucks and for the wheels. Dilute food coloring in
water and paint simple designs on the bread, such as lightning bolts. For
cookies, decorate similarly but with licorice ropes and lifesavers. And following
the theme, a skateboard cake is extremely easy using rolled wafer cookies and
- Skateboard party decorations and supplies: You won't find much for your
skateboard party at the local party supply, so shop early online. Skateboard
figurines, like the ones pictured left, come in assorted styles for the fish tank.
They'd be ideal on a table or cake. The birthday kid will love it when you
decorate with skateboard signs and posters because he can hang them in his
room after the party. Develop a Hawk eye for the Tony Hawk party supplies.
Skateboard Party Invitation and Thank You Cards
- Make a skateboard invitation by cutting a skateboard shape from a paper plate,
and affixing two pipe cleaners with Lifesaver wheels. Secure lifesavers to the
board by taping pipe cleaner. The design of the skateboard becomes the
pattern on the plate. Use whatever is cheap at the local party supply or go for
the Tony Hawk plates. This invitation is best hand delivered.
- Skateboard party invitation wording ideas:
- Were ramping up for Cole's EXTREME eighth birthday!
- The Boom Boom HuckJam party starts
- Saturday, Aug. 22 at noon for lunch at 123 Main Street.
- Then we'll make a kickturn to Skater's Park and return for cake.
- Don't skate by without an RSVP to Tiffany at 867-5309.
Setting the Scene to Go Extreme
- Design a board. Have the birthday kid design his own skateboard to show off at
the party. This craft activity makes a fun gift.
- Chalk up the driveway with skateboard silhouettes. Lay the birthday kid in the
desired position with his skateboard and chalk around his body.
Skateboard Party Favors
Skateboard favors are easy for the nine and under crowd. They'll appreciate finger
skateboards as favors. But when the scrappy skate punk crowd gets older they'll need
something a bit more mature, including skateboard wax, bandannas, gloves, chains,
and the all important skateboard decals. If the crowd is pure skateboarders, then
consider a box of bearings and grip tape. Throw in a few studded rubber bracelets and
glow sticks for either age, and go ahead and decorate with those finger skateboards!
(He won't mind.)
- An extreme sport deserves extreme candy favors. Tart and fruity, the kids will love
the new Sour Patch Extreme candy, available in a twelve pack online for a great
price. Each bag has two super sour flavors. Eyeball gumballs would be a fun
choice, as well as Jaw Breakers or skateboards with candies tucked inside. Try
also Quench gum, but stay away from Jelly Belly Extreme Beans because they
have caffeine, which isn't appropriate for young kids.
- About those decals... They are important to skateboarders, so stock up. Here are
some skateboard decals to get your hunt started.
At the skateboard park kids can play skateboard tag, have an obstacle course or a
relay race, but the main event is just showing off tricks. Head home from the
skateboarding park for cake and refreshments, pinata, and gift opening. Fill the void
with videos and Wii games to allow ample time for parents to collect their kids and
- Play Skateboard smarts. Set the clock for two minutes for each question. Give
everyone a pad a paper. Have them write down every skateboard part, and
skateboard tricks they can conceive:
- Examples include of skateboard parts include: baseplate, bearings,
bushings, deck, grip tape, hangar, kingpin, nose, risers, shock pads, tail,
trucks, and wheels.
- Examples of skateboard tricks include: 5-0, 50-50, Air, Airwalk Grab,
Boardside, Backside, Bail, Carve, Cab, Fakie, Frontside, Goofy, Grabs,
Grind, Heel Edge, Kickflip, Kickturns, Ollie, Primo, Railstand, Rock 'n' Roll,
Switch, and Toe Edge.
- Skateboard Pinata: The skateboarders will all still appreciate a pinata and
especially one with Tony Hawk's name on it. You may be tempted to fill a pinata
with finger skateboards, but resist the temptation. They are too fragile.
- Wii Skate it: Explore the realism of balance to mimic the tricks on on a
skateboard. This game comes highly recommended by Amazon shoppers.
- Extreme gift idea. Hide a skateboard deck in the cake! You'll need something to
support a cake that looks like a real skateboard, so place the cake board on an
actual skateboard deck that you cover in plastic and foil. It's sure to be the best
gift wrap ever.
- All eyes on the Hawk! The skateboarders will enjoy Tony Hawk DVDs, available
- Resources for a Skateboard party
- Learn the lingo. Do you know the difference between a Fakie and an Ollie, and a
Nose Grind? What about a Half Pipe or a McTwist? Get down with the words
when you visit Martha Stewart's Skateboard party. Martha's pages are filled
with kids party ideas.
- Flip for the cake! They'll kick flip when they see the skateboard cake that shows
the underside of the skateboard, which is the most decorative.
- Go Extreme. Skate by to see the red decorations. Discover recipes for grinding
along cupcakes, skateboard biscuits, spare wheels, winner's juice and more with
the Skateboard party by Jenny Dodd. These pages also include directions for the
Extreme Manoeuvres cake.
SAFETY FIRST: Ensure protective equipment fits properly and have a plan for treating
injuries. Make sure the skateboard park you choose has facilities to clean minor
wounds and that you're within cell phone range of obtaining medical help. Ensure
adult supervision at all times and review the park rules and regulations. Make it
mandatory to wear a helmet!
Real Skateboard Parties
Tell us about your skateboard party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
All about skateboard parties...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.