NASCAR / Indy / Race Car Party
How to have a race car theme birthday party for kids
Check this out: a NASCAR party for boys filled with checkered flags and NASCAR
Moms, start your party planning engines, because this is one of those party themes for
boys that you'll actually enjoy planning. Go full throttle on checkered flags from the
bunting and checkered party plates to a checkered flag birthday cake that's sure to
impress guests. "Welcome race fans" to a day of Wii NASCAR racing, hang NASCAR
party lights, and make pretzel rods that look like little race cars.
As boys parties go, even the girls will like this theme! Here's how to join the winner's
circle on a planning your son a NASCAR party that the whole pit crew can enjoy:
- Mini car race: Get radio controlled cars and have a mini race. You might even
have kids wager on race winners and times.
- Wii Race: Invite everyone over for Wii fun with the NASCAR 2011 Game, left. The
birthday boy an play as himself or as one of the sport's real-world drivers and
battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Pre-order now!
When you order "NASCAR The Game 2011" for Wii, you'll receive a $10
promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon
(though certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals
- Go full throttle on the checkerboard party theme: Don't be afraid to gear up the
party with a checkerboard decorations. You can use checkerboard design for
everything from the invitations to the cake. Check out the checkered flag party
supplies, left, including checkered crepe paper. Check in with the family too!
Don't simply reserve your checkered flag decorations for the tables. Dad can
sport a checkered tie, mom can fashion checkered sunglasses, and everyone in
the family can wear checked shoe laces. Get into the groove with the checkered
flag theme, but be sure to add just a splash of red and blue.
- Welcome all race fans (don't exclude the girls). A NASCAR party is just as thrilling
for girls. There's plenty of racing fun for every little Penelope Pitstop or Trixie. In
addition to the pretty ambassadors who grace the speedway with their smiles,
girls can revel with opportunity that they may join the ranks of the racing
community. There's the Indy's Danica Patrick, Milka Duno, and Sarah Fisher to
name a few. It's a party that just won't backfire with the girls. Every kid will love
to race around eating checkerboard cake, and checkerboard cookies!
- Make a figure eight! If the party is for an eight-year old, it's a no brainer to bake a
figure eight birthday cake. Be sure to make use of a figure eight in the race track
designs for 8th birthday decorations, too.
- Print, cut, party, race: For as little as $8 you can get cool designs to make
invitations, cupcake picks, banners, hats, race car snack carton and more from
your own computer. On your mark, get set, go: take a pit stop at Etsy.com to
see the Race Car Birthday print your own.
Race Car Party Invitation and Thank You Card Wording Ideas
- Race car party invitations and wording ideas: A pit stop fast idea for the invitations
is to assemble black card stock and affix with checkered flag food picks glued in a
cross race car style. They work great in the cupcakes, too. Use your computer to
print these fun wording ideas:
- Rev up for some NASCAR fun
- It's Michael's birthday and the whole Pit Crew is invited
- Start your Engines: Saturday, August 22, at 2:00 p.m.
- Finishing line: 123 main street
- Race fans welcome to RSVP Car Chief Cheryl
- Thank you note wording for NASCAR race party:
- Thanks for making a pit stop to my birthday party.
- I never "tire" of your friendship!" (Idea from Family Fun.)
Setting the scene NASCAR style:
Certainly you will race online to see what's available and here's a start. Here are more
ideas to get your wheels spinning:
- Have your little gentleman start his own engine. The birthday kid can decorate and
personalize his own special wooden keepsake race car and you can proudly
display the masterpiece at the party as a table centerpiece. The quality wooden
race car by Melissa and Doug, right is around $12.95. It also makes a theme
appropriate birthday gift. The whole pit crew can later design their own mini race
cars at the party, lower right.
Party foods that will make them race back for more:
Here are some other snack ideas, cakes and cookie designs to help the party goers
- Grab hold of this wheel cool idea: Make ice-cream sandwich cookies to look like
tires. Start with chocolate cookie recipe and fill with vanilla ice cream. Another
easy party snack is Oreo cookies because they are black and white.
- Use black and white jimmies for the cupcakes.
- Raise the checkered flag for a checkerboard surprise cake. Make two flavors: vanilla
and chocolate, then pour into the Wilton cake pans, pictured left. Decorate the
cake as if it's a big race car tire.
- Take a pit stop and see Wilton's Race Car theme cake pans and design ideas.
Unfortunately, the NASCAR themed cake pans and supplies have been
discontinued at Wilton.
- Who will be the first to finish eating Wilton's Speedway cookies, left? Apply the
same cake tips for this cookie technique.
- A few checkered flag picks makes for a quick finish on the cup cakes. To go full
throttle with the race car theme, you can make dessert a winner by serving ice
cream cones in trophies on the side.
Race car party games and activities:
- Get out the Hot Wheels: The Hot Wheels Fast Action Maze Race Game, available
on Amazon, will have the kids racing with their little fingers in no time. It's under
five dollars and can double as decoration for the tables. Layer a checkered flag
underneath and you've got a winning look.
- Get whacky with checkered flags for the pinata. Whack the Piñata with a stick you
cover in checkered flag crepe paper. Stuff the Piñata with checkered flag
buttermints, NASCAR wrist bands, and mini race cars. (A few race cars should
include numbers with special prizes.) Wrap the loot in checkered flag bandanas
- Make it a winner's circle event with a presentation of the birthday gift: Unveil a new
tire swing for the party and let the kids ride it. Give him the race track he's been
dreaming about. Let him test his skills maneuvering a radio controlled car. Redo
his bedroom in checkered flags or better yet, give him a bed that will have him
racing for bedtime.
We hope our ideas have put you off to a good start and will give you a great finish. Be
sure to see our monster truck party ideas. Make it your final pit stop to see our
checkered flag decorations, race car party supplies and invitation ideas for kids below.
Instead of gathering the kids around a table, set out a butcher block paper and have
the kids sit on inflatable tires, as pictured left. These inflatable tires, intended for
floating on a pool or river, would be ideal for decorations, games and a take home
favor. Draw a race track on the butcher block paper and give the kids their own mini
race car for the table setting or make it a group activity to draw.
More Resources for a Nascar Party
Tell us about your NACAR party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
All about a kids NASCAR party....
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.