How to throw an award winning gymnastics party
She'll jump for joy with a Gymnastics Party! As kids parties go, this is an easy party to
plan because you can hold your party where your daughter takes her gymnastics
lessons. The instructors will take care of the party activity. Just add pizza, cake and
Here's how to throw a simple party of Olympic proportions:
- Go for the gold: Send her birthday to the Olympics with these winning ideas:
- Trophies: Fill gold plastic trophies, upper left, with candies in your party colors.
Red and blue gummy candies, coated chocolates or jelly beans would match the
gymnastics party plates pictured top left.
- Gold coins: Find chocolate gold coins to sprinkle on the table like confetti.
- Olympic Medals. Award Olympic style gold medals, pictured top, for bonus points.
Everyone will feel like a champion if you make an awards ceremony after the
workout. Special awards, such as the "Tiniest Talented Tumbler" award or "Most
Monkey" will make your little acrobats feel special. Continue with awards for the
"Silliest Superstar" or "Pit Master." End with the birthday girl to receive your
special "Daring Darling" award. Dress up water bottles with these gold medal
ribbons for a refreshing theme inspired look too. Remove the water bottle labels
and affix medals with tape to where the labeling was and tie the medal ribbon
to hug the bottle top.
- Olympic refreshments: Layer party snacks onto three boxes of different heights
that you decorate and number 1, 2, and 3 to represent the Gold, Silver and
Bronze awards ceremony. For example, you can display the birthday cake on
platform 1, refreshing fruits on platform 2 and a vegetable dip tray on 3.
- Make her the star of the party! Stock up on fourth of July favors the season
before so you can make it a star-spangled and patriotic theme. At the top of the
page is the Meri-Meri patriotic cupcake kit.
- Bake a star-shaped birthday cake with the cake pan, left. You'll easily use this
pan for another party. Try an All-star sports party or a Hollywood starlet party.
- Serve star-shaped cookies. See our big batch sugar cookie recipe.
- Make star-shaped candies for your little gymnasts with the Wilton candy mold,
left, and Wilton candy melts, also pictured left.
Kids love playing on all the training equipment, including getting lost in foam pits,
balancing on the beams, jumping on trampolines, and swaying from ceiling swings, but
time runs out quickly at the gym and sometimes kids want more. Want to extend the
party? Want to host a gymnastics party at home? Here are some ways to have a
gymnastics party at home.
- Get tied to gymnastics. Invite the kids home for a tie dye party. The kids can
"peace out" making their own leotards, which can double as party favors.
- Do the hula! Hold a hula hoop competition. Sometimes they stock hoops at the
local dollar stores, but they are not heavy enough to be practical and the kids
will get frustrated. For a gymnastics party with an Olympic theme, have the kids
pose with five hula hoops to form the Olympic rings. This photo opportunity will
help you make a nice thank you card.
- Practice the twirling batons.
- Swirl streamers to music. The birthday kid will especially appreciate the star
streamer pictured upper right.
- Make it a balancing act. See what kids can balance on their heads.
Focus on gymnastic invitations that match your party theme. The gymnastics invitations
and thank you cards, also left, will match the other gymnastics party supplies. If you
want a more unique look for your party, visit ETSY for handmade gymnastics invitations.
Decorate the envelopes with gymnastics stickers from Mrs. Grossman's, right. Have
your child participate in the thank you cards and invitations by affixing stickers. You
might also include these inexpensive stickers in the favor bags.
Gymnastics party favors
Start with the gymnastic favor boxes above and fill them with your own goodies, which
is much cheaper than buying the pre-filled favor packs. You won't be doing cartwheels
looking for gymnastics inspired party favors with these cute ideas:
- Silly bands in the shape of gymnastics, pictured lower right, are glow in the dark
and highly collectible with kids.
- More gymnastic party favor ideas you may find at the local party supply store (or
- Mardis Gras beads in your party colors
- Plastic megaphones
- Trophies (plastic trophies come in different sizes, at home you may find
one big enough to serve ice cream).
- Batons (look for gel filled batons or battery operated batons that glow in
Gymnastics gifts for the birthday girl
Whether you're hosting a gymnastics party or attending one, you'll have plenty of
opportunity to find some fun gifts for the gymnast in your life.
- Hug an American Girl gymnast. The American Girl Gymnastics, left, comes with a
"Fantastic Gymnastics" book.
- Gymnastics Lunch Bag, lower right corner will be a welcome part of every day.
- Swing into reading with these book suggestions:
- The Greatest Gymnast of all, below, is a simple story for the little gymnastic
enthusiast that teaches opposites. Readers in Kindergarten to Grade 2 will
appreciate how Zoe zips and zooms around the gym. She's on and off the mats,
over and under the bar! She's the greatest little gymnast who is also great at
demonstrating opposites. Just $5.99 and eligible for free shipping.
- Gemma the Gymnast Fairy, right, will inspire your daughter to read all the books
by Daisy Meadows.
More resources for a gymnastics party
- No more monkeys jumping on a bed! Invite them to monkey around on
gymnastics equipment with a monkey party.
- Hold a Cirque de gymnastics party. Throw a circus theme for your gymnastics
party! Give your gymnastics party a carnival bent and see our circus party ideas.
- Pep them up with a pep squad gymnastics party. If she's already had a gymnastics
party and this year you want to give a fresh start, try a cheerleader's party.
Real Gymnastics parties:
You'll flip out when you see how easy it is to have a gymnastics party. Here are a some
ideas of real gymnastics parties.
- Here's how two Blonds throw a party: Olivia's gymnastic party was cute and
simple with sweet touches include personalized water bottles, and a sweet
invitation from Blond Invitations.
- A gymnastic star is born! Check out Skylar's fourth birthday cake with gymnastics
rings and stars. Trust us, this one really takes the cake!
Plan an American Girl Party with a gymnastic twist for your little McKenna. Below are all
the favorite items for this 2012 American Doll of the year.
Jump for joy and host your own gymnastics party. Then be sure to share with us the party
details and inspiration on Twitter.
All about a Gymnastics Party...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.