Dinosaur Birthday Parties
All about a classic dinosaur party for kids
He'll give you a roar of approval when you host a dinosaur party for his birthday! The
little paleontologists will have a dino-mite time in the land before time, and setting the
scene is relatively easy. Start with the large inflatable dinosaur favors, above. They'll
serve as decorations and as party favors. Here's more:
- Dinosaur party supplies. A kids dinosaur party is a classic theme, and you can
have a roaring good time with the Meri-Meri party supplies on this page starting
with the party plates, left, and napkins above. Love these dinosaur party
plates? Then be sure to see the matching dinosaur invitations and thank you
cards, right. And the Dinosaur cupcake kit, left will make things Meri Meri indeed.
- Get out the dinosaur toys. While you're likely to provide the birthday boy with
some dinosaur themed gifts, he probably already has a few lying around, so
make use of them for the party. You can tie balloons on figurines as a
centerpiece, or get creative and cluster them around a volcano cake for the
- Note to parents hosting a party for kids under five: Be selective in the
dinosaur toys you decide to display at your party. The fierce toys may
scare younger kids. You can set a friendly tone by incorporating lots
bright and happy shades of orange. Reservethe scary toys, like the D-
REX Interactive Dinosaur, right, for when your child gets older.
- Involve your little brontosaurus in the prehistoric fun. Weeks before the party,
build a volcano from a kit and set it on display. The volcano kit at the bottom of
the page is easy enough to build. Party goers will enjoy the eruption!
- Preserve the memory: Even though it's a classic birthday theme, party supplies
for a Dinosaur theme party are virtually extinct at the local party supply store,
so you'll need to shop online early. If you're pressed for timecheck the smaller,
independent toy stores as they may have some Dino toys you can use for the
Dinosaur birthday cakes and cupcakes
- Have a good "Roarrrr: with Meri Meri dinosaur cupcake kit, left.
- If you don't think you have the talent to create a dinosaur cake, then bake a
volcano cake, left.
When it comes to the cake, younger kids will love the Smiling Dino cake pans by
Wilton, pictured left. Make a bright and happy display for the tables with orange table
cloth sprinkled with dinosaur confetti candy and colorful toys. Older kids will love the
Dinosaur attack cake topper, right. The decor for them can set into deeper tones of
blues, and greens.
The inflatable T-rex Dinosaur is a must for the eight and up age range. Kids will insist
on battling the beast, so have a spare available. They'll also enjoy operating the D-
REX Interactive Dinosaur. The ultimate gift, scene setter and activity for a dinosaur
party. Pictured, right, the dinosaur robot will bring new life to a classic party theme.
This amazing toy consistently gets high ratings on Amazon despite it's price tag.
Dubbed "ultra-fierce and unbelievably fun," you can see a video clip by clicking the
- Dinosaur party invitations and wording ideas:
- Dino-mite! You're invited to dine with the Dinosaurs
- (Our little Mark-o-saurus who is turning four)
- The prehistoric journey begins Saturday, August 22 at 2:00 p.m
- Jurassic Park Entrance: 123 main street
- RSVP before the party is extinct at 867-5309
For added effect, hand deliver invitations with an Easter egg filled with a small plastic
dinosaur toy, or gummy treat.
Dinosaur party favor ideas
Sure, you'll be able to find dinosaur favors, but think beyond the action figures to
include plastic binoculars, a canteen, or a compass to give the Jurassic adventure
some authenticity. Making Believe has done the work for you with the Dinosaur party
pack, pictured right. Affordable, it includes eight of each: dinosaur pouch, dinosaur
activity pack with pencil, stickers, erasers, toy binoculars, dinosaur fun pad, plus foam
visor (colors vary), toy canteen, and toy compasses.
On a tighter budget? Instead of stuffing the bags with lots of little goodies, you can
buy one nice dinosaur figurine toy to give as a favor. Or create your own favor bag
with fun things you find online:
- Dinosaur inflatables, pictured above
- Dinosaur bubbles, also pictured above
- Grow Your Own Dino
- Inflatable dinosaurs
- Wilton Dinosaur Gummy Kit
- Wilton Dinosaur sucker molds
- Dinosaur crayons, left
Dinosaur fun food ideas:
The little paleontologists will love the fun foods you create for the Jurassic adventure:
- Make the cake an explosive presentation: Party goers will erupt with enthusiasm
with Wilton's Volcano birthday cake, right. When it comes to other Dino-mite
cake ideas, look to Wilton's Brontosaurus cake pan, left and Dinosaur cupcakes.
- Serve Brontosaurus burgers. Hamburgers get a prehistoric lift when presented
with dinosaur food picks and a nest of fries that have a dinosaur surprise: an
Easter egg filled with gummy dinosaurs.
- Pop 'em with a Prehistoric Punch: Lime sherbet mixed with lemon lime soda and
garnished with a Dinosaur gummy on the rim of the cup. Or serve up any
Gatorade in bone shaped cups and give it the same fancy name.
Resources for a dinosaur party
A dinosaur party can have a jungle feel, so be sure to see our Jungle Party ideas. The
ideal table decoration is to set out for a small jungle with potted plants such as a
sago palm. Nestle large dinosaur figurines into the foliage.
- Have explosive fun! Make a Volcano Cake. (Fine Living shows you how.)
- Perhaps your little Paleontologist wants some spikey fun? Then, try this
Real Dinosaur parties
- Cole's Dinosaur birthday party was a roaring good time and colorful too in
green, blue, and red. Green Salt water taffy fit the theme along with a bevy of
treats in theme colors.
We'd love to hear about your real dinosaur party. We link to quality sites! Write us on
Twitter and tell us about your party. See more dinosaur party supplies below...
All about a dinosaur party...
(C) Copyright 2009-2013. All rights reserved. Updated 7/7/13.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties and pony parties.
Search KIDS PARTIES now: