How to have a kids boxing party for your little champ
Don't get boxed in for an ordinary party. A boxing birthday for boys is a real knockout!
Unlike most sports, boxing isn't seasonal, which means you can have your boxing
party for kids any time of the year. And with a Wii boxing game and inflatable boxing
gloves, you can have a safe party. Not ready to get in the ring to plan your son's
birthday? Don't throw in the towel!
So "Let's get read to rumble" on this extreme birthday theme because we've got the
"upper cut" on a boxing party for kids. We found a cute boxing cake topper, and have
ideas for favors to make a boxing party possible. With a little creativity, this party will
be a "barnburner? (a good fight), especially if you hire a bounce house with an
inflatable boxing ring. Even if your party doesn't include a jumper, here's how to make
the memories "EVERLAST":
- Send tickets to the main event. One rule about fight club birthday party: never
tell the other moms about a "fight club" birthday party. Instead, send them
invitations that look like a tickets to a real sporting event, pictured right. Now
that's the ticket!
- Knock out an easy dessert: Whatever the champ's favorite cake, you can modify
the wrestling ring cake toppers set, left, by using the ring and inserting your
own boxing figurines. (Oh well, maybe he doesn't mind Wrestling mania.) If
you're crafty, you can make a boxing ring for the cake from chocolate dipped
pretzels and licorice laces.
- Add to the boxing theme further by calling everyone to cake by the bell.
- Naturally, any boxing birthday cake you serve needs to come with punch.
Feel free to call it a "sucker punch" (a sucker punch catches someone
completely off guard). To make sucker punch, remove labels from water
bottles and glue a ribbon medal to each before refilling with the bottles
with red punch.
- Feeling cornered? Don't worry because decorating for a boxing party is relatively
easy. The kids and the activities become the decorations! Here are some ideas:
- Have kids wear their robes to the party.
- Make your own boxing belts or the entire boxing costume for the birthday
- Hang red balloons upside-down to look like a speedball (punching bag).
- Rope off the food area, rope off the presents area.
- Put "The Kid" on continual play on your DVD. The movie is about a boy,
Jimmy, who has a calling to box and nothing can stop him. He spars in
secret because his parents disapprove.
Games and Activities for a Boxing party
You can ensure the kids have a great time with this unusual party theme for kids when
you play games like:
- Rock 'em sock 'em robots
- Wii Boxing game, lower right.
- Jumphouse (ask for oversized boxing gloves, and sumo wrestling gear)
- Take a jab: Have everyone get into the ring and tell a knock-knock joke.
- Wii games! Punch-Out!!, right, is a popular and highly rated Wii boxing
- boxing rubber bandz, left, glow in the dark and include muay thai fighter,
trophy, kung fu master, boxing glove and boxer.
- boxing pens, such as the fighting frogs light up pens, pictured right.
- Medals, above left, will make everyone a champion.
- Fill plastic trophies with candies and wrap them in cellophane.
- Jump ropes. Jumping rope is a good cardiovascular workout for boxers and
once the boys realize this they'll want to join the girls.
- Candy canes. You may think this is an odd addition to a boxing party, but
the candy cane was the body punch used by Sugar Ray Robinson. Tape a
note to the candy cane with a quote from Sugar Ray himself: " ."
More Resources for a Boxing Party
Real Boxing parties...
Now it's your turn. Tell us about your real boxing party. Did you play Wii games? Did
you get a boxing lesson? We hope your party was a real knock out. Write us.
Tell us about your boxing party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
(C) Copyright 2009-2012 by M.C. Nygard. All rights reserved. Updated 9/19/12.
Linking to this site is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any retrieval
system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties and pony parties.
Why cute party ideas? We know kids parties and kids party supplies! Get tips from a former supplier of small toys and
party supplies. You get all the best ideas for a party on one page. Other sites list boring and unnecessary details,
while Cute Party Ideas give you all the details you need to host a great party on one page.
All about a kids boxing birthday...
Search KIDS PARTIES now: