Pink Cowgirl Birthday
Pink cowgirl birthday cakes, menu, activities and favors
So you're having a pink cowgirl party? Well, yee-high! All it takes is a splash of pretty
pink and a little bit of rodeo sparkle to turn a Western party theme into a party to
remember. Consider us your party partners of down-home fun.
Here's how to "Cowgirl Up" for the best pink cowgirl party this side of Texas:
- Gussy up the birthday girl with a pretty pink hat. Your little cowgirl deserves to
stand out from the crowd. Here's one way to make her tops: give her a blinking
pink cowgirl hat, pictured above right. Another dazzling option is the fuzzy
brimmed hat with a sparkling tiara, far right. There are lots of options.Order
now to find the perfect cowgirl hat in time for the party.
- How to dress the birthday girl for a Pink Cowgirl party: In addition to finding the
ideal cowgirl hat, the perfect cowgirl ensemble starts with just a few key
- Pink Cowgirl Duds: You don't want the birthday girl looking like a dud, so
start shopping for a pretty pink cowgirl costume. Or simply pair a pretty
Pink cowgirl T-shirt, like the one above, with a jean skirt. You can add
pink tulle as a trim to any jean skirt to give the birthday girl's look extra
- Add accessories to outfit the birthday girl, such as: a pink bandanna,
upper right and a pink sheriff badge, a pair of pink cowgirl boots, pictured
right. They'll be the perfect birthday gift. The finale is pink spurs are
inexpensive fun, right.
Menu for a Pink Cowgirl Party
Lift a pinky y'all. A pink cowgirl has to think pink, and you can think pink with ideas for
your cake and menu:
- Pink ponies cookbook: The Pink Ponies Cookbook by Barbara Beery, is an ideal
place to get cooking on your pink cowgirl party menu. Pink Ponies Cookbook
offers themed recipes for birthday parties, including Chocolate Star Catcher
Cookies, Royal Rainbow Fruit Tower, Pink Berry Oat Bars, and Carousel
- Think pink candies: For a pink cowgirl party, you need to think pink. Personalized
pink M&Ms make great favors for a pink cowgirl party and they come in two
shades of pink with room for a short message. Lasso up some red licorice for
the party, which is useful as a lariat to round up horse figurines.
- More pink ideas:
- See our yummy pink party food.
- Pink Vitamin water is an ideal pink cowgirl drink.
- Use a chuck wagon triangle at the pony party to round up the ranch hands
when it's time for birthday cake. For a pink cowgirl party, you might even pain
your chuckwagon triangle pink!
Pink Cowgirl Decorations
- Pink Cowgirl Party Sweets:
- Kick off your boots. Turn a pair of old cowboy boots into a vase. Just insert a
clear glass into the boot, and arrange with pink peonies or other pink flowers.
- Hats off ma'am. You can transform a pretty pink cowgirl hat into a chip or candy
bowl. Start with an upturned hat and insert a clear bowl.
- Round up a Pink gingham tablecloth! Gussy up the table with pink cowgirl style.
The pretty pink gingham material, right, is oil cloth -- a vinyl on a cotton mesh
base (the design is printed on the top of the vinyl) and available by the yard to
fit your needs. Make a tablecloth or place mats. With the extra fabric, sew a
baby bib or aprons. Finally, scatter the pink M&Ms on the table like confetti! And
layer the look with hot pink utensils.
- Pink horse shoes. For a festive touch to a pink cowgirl party use real horse-
shoes as balloon weights. Spray each horse-shoe hot pink, then glue some
glitter and gems for an extra measure of sparkle.
- Make a pink cupcake corral. Get glue tongue depressors or Popsicle sticks and
spray paint them hot pink, then affix them to a large box top to create the
fence. Then top with pink frosting and mini white plastic cowgirl hats. We found
some mini white plastic cowboy hats,used for weddings, on Amazon
- Teach an old horse new tricks: Serve party snacks using the Wilton horse-shoe
pan you used to make the birthday cake. Alternatively, serve sweets in plastic
upturned cowboy hats for a Western theme or plastic derby hats for an
equestrian theme. Check out the adorable pink cowgirl hat cake.
- Give the boot to old ideas. For the tables, turn a pair of cowboy boots into a
couple vases using cut water bottles inside the boots filled with just enough
water for the flowers. The pretty pink cowgirl boot mugs look vase and makes a
pretty pencil holder or favor for the little pink cowpokes.
- Use galvanized metal buckets instead of coolers to serve up pink drinks.
Pink Cowgirl party Activities
Here are some ideas to entertain your little rodeo queen and her entourage:
- Read Cowgirl Kate: Read a story just before opening presents to get everyone's
attention. A theme appropriate story you can find on Amazon is "I Want to be a
Cowgirl" by Jeanne Willis. Story time is a great way to calm the posse after
sugaring up with cake. The "Cowgirl Kate" series by Betsy Lewin is another
- Your little rodeo queen and her horse crazy entourage need some other
activities, so check out the fun and game ideas.
- To enhance your horse theme party, create signs to direct "Fillies" and "Colts"
to the appropriate bathrooms. Check out this fun selection of horse theme signs
to add a festive touch to your party.
- Ideas for stuffing a horse or pink cowgirl boot pinata: You'll find Party Sweets
(assorted sweet creams) in a bandanna motif wrapping on eBay. Cowboy
candies (tiny pastel colored tarts) are ideal for pink cowgirls and you'll find them
at Oriental Trading.
Favors for a Pink Cowgirl party
Favors are prettier in pink and here is a roundup of our favorite pink cowgirl party
- Boot of loot: Fill cowboy candies into a pink cowboy boot party favor. The boot is
a cup that also doubles and a place to tuck your pencil and pens. Lasso up
some old fashioned sweets, such as peppermint sticks, rock candy, nostalgic
bubble gum gold nuggets, licorice ropes and wheels, or chocolate coins.
- That's a wrap: Grab a handful of your favorite little horse party favors and wrap
them up in a pink bandanna and tie onto sticks for that wayward hillbilly look.
- Stick with pink gingham for the favor boxes. Tuck pink M&Ms inside a small treat
sack or pink organza Organza favor bag.
- Round up some hand made items. You'll find pink cowgirl party supplies at ETSY,
including personalized pink cowgirl buttons and personalized cowgirl pendants
made from bottle caps. The roundup of pink and white pony bubbles, left are a
sweet edition to your party.
Pink Cowgirl invitations:
Dolce Mia Horsey invitations, left, are our favorite for a pink cowgirl party. They offer a
nostalgic design and a simple layout for date, time, place and RSVP. Plus, they have a
matching thank you card and other horsey items, such as a clock for the birthday girl's
bedroom, also pictured left. Here are some other pony party invitation ideas.
Real Pink Cowgirl parties
Now it's your turn! Tell us about your Pink Cowgirl Party and share party ideas with us
(C) Copyright 2009-2012 by M.C. Nygard. All rights reserved. Updated 9.8.12.
Linking to this site is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any retrieval
system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties
Search pony party ideas: