Freaky Halloween Food
Wickedly easy ideas party food ideas
Want some quick ideas for Halloween fun with food? You don't need to be a mad
scientist in the kitchen. These easy ideas have already been tested:
Funny and freaky party food ideas
Lunch or Dinner
- Mummified hot dogs: This is a recipe so easy that even a mummy who doesn't
cook can make it. Wrap Pillsbury crescent dough around your favorite hot dog
and bake. Make them with mini frankfurters for appetizers. They'll be the first
off the plates.
- Ooh-ga Burgers. Add flair to hamburgers or sliders, cut the cheese for your
burgers into spooky shapes using cookie cutters. Use Monterey Jack cheese for
the ghosts and Wisconsin cheddar for pumpkin shapes. Serve
- Freaky fingers: Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe and add a drop of green
food coloring to the batter. Roll flat and use your finger as template to cut the
cookies. Add a few line with a knife for the joints and a slivered almond for the
finger nail. Slip on a Popsicle stick and bake.
- Appetizers from the Gloved one: Wash a latex glove inside and out, then fill it
with water and freeze with a spider ring on a finger. Place it in a bowl with
olives so that the freaky white hand pops up. Decorate the finger tips with
olives and serve. (The ice keeps the olives at the perfect temperature.)
- Two heads are better than one! Get two easy looks from one cake pan. The skull
cake pan, left will help you make a skull pound cake quickly with a dust of
powdered sugar. Or add some fondant to quickly create a mummy head. What
can you create with the skull cake pan? A pirate? A Frankenstein head, dracula?
Beautiful! It all starts wiht good bone structure and this pan has it all.
- Eyes Cream! Serve your favorite ice cream decorated with two gummy eyeballs
popping out. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Eyes-cream! Add red icing
gel for an extra ghoulish touch.
- Spider cookie: Quick and easy, split a chocolate sandwich type cookie to expose
the white filling. Snip four licorice laces for legs and sandwich together again
with a dab of icing gel as "glue". Two dabs of icing gel complete the eyes.
- Trick or treats: Popcorn balls or rice cereal treats are made sweeter when you
"trick" your treats with these fun ideas:
- Add candy corn and matching candy sprinkles to your favorite rice cereal
treats. See our other Candy Corn party ideas.
- Mix orange KoolAid with the marshmallows using your favorite rice cereal
- Transform snack cakes into spiders with black licorice laces and M&Ms.
- Ghost droppings. Mini marshmallows in a jar.
Creepy non-alcoholic drink ideas
- Ghoul-aid. Mix grape and orange drink mix with Gingerale and ice instead of just
water and you'll get a freaky black punch.
- Halloween float: Make a frothy concoction of vanilla ice cream and orange soda.
Tastes like an orange creamsicle (50-50 bar). Snip a black licorice twist into a
straw for a festive touch.
- Eyeball-tinis. Drip red icing gel into a glass (most effective is a martini glass).
Spear two gummy eyeballs to a skewer and serve. Pour chilled Gatorade into
the glass and serve.
- Draculas bloodworm mocktail. Freeze ice cubes with a drop of red food coloring.
Freeze a few with a gummy worm sticking out. Drip red icing gel on the inside of
a martini glass. Pour lemon-lime soda over and watch the food coloring
dissipate into an eerie concoction.
Resources for more Halloween food ideas:
- Family Fun shares the cheesy appetizer idea, left, along with other finger foods
for your Halloween party.
- Witch dessert will you choose? Parents.com has a wickedly cute witch ice cream
cone that uses a cone as the witch's hat. Marshmallow pops are also super
easy. Meringue powder, if you can find it, makes a frothy slime punch.
Tell us about your Halloween party and share party ideas with us on Twitter.
All about Halloween Party foods...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/1/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.