Add details to your beverages for pizazz
Kids will love the details you add to make the birthday drinks special. A pretty swirled
straw, a dangling monkey, a wedge of citrus gummy candy, a pretty parasol umbrella
and a Maraschino cherry! Here are quick and easy ways to add a dash of excitement
to party drinks for kids...
Candy decorations for drinks
- Swirled Paper straws: Send your party to a soda shop with vintage drink
decorations. Thick swirled paper straws, above, add a festive touch all on their
own to your beverages. They don't get soggy! Pair them with swirl lollipops in
matching colors and you'll instantly add a vintage flair. The swirled pops look
amazing when nestled and propped in a mason jar of jelly beans
- Lollipops: Colorful lollipops make a sweet statement for beverages when used
as a swizzle stick, so enjoy your inner child! Pick colors that complement your
drink and party theme. For the adults at an alligator party, you can add a
playful touch to a vodka tonic with a lime sucker stirrer. The kids will enjoy the
lime lollipop with lemon lime soda.
- Rock candy: Colorful rock candy makes a pretty drink decoration. Choose a
lightly colored beverage so that you can see the confection.
Grown up drinks
Kids love pretend. Indulge in the thrill by offering alcohol-free drinks with grown up
looks. Reserve this party idea for kids five and up as some garnishes are choking
- Have at it with the Maraschino cherries, skewer up orange slices and lemon
wedges with those frilly toothpicks.
- Serve a smoothie with a parasol.
- Try home made slushies in plastic margarita glasses, or sparkling apple juice in
champagne glasses, and grape juice in wine glasses.
- Add drink charms or plastic stirrers.
- Tell them to drink responsibly!
- Freeze colorful drink flavors into ice cubes or add a dash of food coloring to
ordinary water. The colors will dissolve nicely with clear beverages, such as
lemon lime soda.
- Freeze gummy candies in your party them.
Fruit decorations for drinks
You can make plenty of fun drinks for kids with lemonade and here are some recipes
- Watermelon slices: Slice watermelons thin and you can use cookie cutters to
create beautiful decorations. This idea is particularly suited for girls parties. A
small star-shape is an ideal beverage decoration to serve poolside for a
Hollywood stars party or a Spa party. Or cut watermelon in butterfly shapes for
a fairy party or in flower shapes for a Garden Fairy party. Watermelon
decorations are ideal with pink lemonade.
- Starfruit. Sliced starfruit is a classic garnish to float in punch bowls. Or edge the
drink glasses with a wedge for a magical touch for a Wizards party.
- Wizard Drink: Rim your punch bowl with a lime to wet the Mix equal
portions of lemonade with a refreshing sparkling of a lemon lime soda
and a dash of blue food coloring. Then float your starfruit slices the.
Tell us about your favorite beverages for kids and cute drink decorations. We'd love to
exchange links and share party ideas on Twitter!
(C) Copyright 2009-2012 by M.C. Nygard. All rights reserved. Updated 8.30.12
Linking to this site is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any retrieval
system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties and pony parties.
Search KIDS PARTIES now: