Kids birthday party food ideas
Kids party food ideas, menu, snacks and fun
A kids party is no time to introduce new foods to finicky little eaters. Your feast should
have a festive flair and a flexibility for foods you usually forgo or otherwise limit on
ordinary days. It's a party after all, and part of the fun is the celebratory nature of
party food. But you can strike a healthier balance when you serve the salty and savory
snacks, before the sugary sweets ones that kids are sure to eat.
When it comes to the menu, don't go overboard. Pick a few tasty party snacks that tie
to your theme and concentrate on making those taste yummy.
Here's how to get cooking on foods kids will eat for the party. Start party planning with
an inventive presentation of familiar party treats. These ideas may spur creativity of
- Our hats off to this idea: An upturned cowboy hat provides just the right fanfare
for a bowl of chips at a Western party (use a new hat, of course, and line it with
a napkin or bandanna).
- Print labels for water bottles or soda.
- Corral the cupcakes in a paddock for a pony party. Use a toy wooden fence or
craft a stick fence from Popsicle sticks on a cardboard box top.
- Mix it up! For a backwards party, put the buns on the inside and the wieners on
- Party food, snacks and fun for your pony party.
Kids party recipes and ideas
Kids party finger foods
- Crunchy bread sticks and cheese straws
- Crackers in fun shapes abound from goldfish to butterflies and teddy bears
- Cheese sticks and round
- quartered sandwiches in cupcake papers
- toasted pita pockets with hummus dip and a yogurt cucumber dip
- corn on the cob (cut in half)
- candied apples
Foods that are choking hazards to kids:
- Serving hot dogs? Slice them length wise to help minimize the risk of choking.
According to USA Today, the Amercian Academy of Pediatrics wants hot dogs to
include a warning label as they pose a chokng risk to babies and children.
- It's nutty, but you're nuts if you serve nuts to kids under six. While there are
allergen warnings, it's more important to consider the warning label on nuts for
the choking hazard potential. Serve nuts only to guests who are more than six
years old. So if your party has toddlers, stay away from peanuts, recipes with
chopped walnuts and other nut mixes. And yes, stay away from those yummy
peanut M&Ms and Jordan almonds.
- Grapes are refreshing party food in the Summer months, but be wary that
grapes pose a choking hazard because of their size. It's better to place grapes
in reach of adults only at the party.
- Picky, yes, but we hope you pick up on this tip: If you're planning a toddler party
then keep food picks out of reach of youngsters under three.
Resources for kids party foods
All about Kids party food...
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.