Blue Party Foods
Candy and snack foods to fit any blue theme party
Bright blue is a happy beginning to a party. Whether you choose "Smurf blue" for a
Smurf's Party, "Cookie Monster blue" for a Cookie Monster party or "Blues Clues blue"
for a Blues Clues party, your kids party is sure to be a hit when you set up a candy
bar in shades of blue to match your party theme.
Barty planners looking for blue party foods that fit an blue party theme will appreciate
this quick list of brightly blue snacks, and menu suggestions, plus ideas on how to
make blue ice cream, blue popcorn, blue cupcakes and more:
Blue Popcorn recipe and ideas:
There are lots of ways to make blue popcorn to serve at your party. Consider these
- How to make Raspberry popcorn with blue popcorn glaze: The recipe for blue
popcorn is easy when you have blue popcorn glaze, left, and a popcorn
popper. Put oil in the popperand as soon as it liquefies, you'll add the popcorn
and Glaze Pop. It's that easy!
- How to make Blue Popcorn: Start with your favorite popped corn. Kettle corn is a
wonderful option as it is both sweet and savory and ideal for kids parties.
Spray 1/4 of the popcorn with Wilton's Color Mist spray, left.
- How to make blue popcorn balls: Use your favorite popcorn ball recipe or try
melting marshmallows. A dash of blue food coloring is all it takes. Swirl the food
coloring into the marshmallow mixture or the corn syrup mixture.
- How to make sweet popcorn that's blue: Start with Blue Raspberry Glaze Pop
Popcorn Flavoring, right. Use this yummy raspberry frosted corn in your
popcorn popper. Start with corn and popping oil. Instead of salt, use a
measure of Glaze Pop equal to half the quantity of popcorn. Put the oil in the
popper first and as soon as it liquefies add the popcorn and Glaze Pop and stir
until the popping slows down. Then allow to cool before eating.
Candy buffets are all the rage at kids parties. Above you'll find a bevvy of delectable
sweets in blue for your candy buffet! Candies will look appetizing for your party when
you display them in clear apothecary jars. Give them a blue tooth with these sweet
- Blue gummy bears and gummy candies: Blue gummies come in the shapes of
blue rapsberries, blue gummy bears, blue raspberry rings, and slices that look
like blue citrus.
- Blue chocolates: Chocolate lentils, chocolate covered almonds, malt balls, and
candy coated chocolates are available in a variety of beautiful blue shades.
- More blue candies:
- Blue raspberry laces
- Blue raspberry fruit slices, pictured top left.
- Blue M&Ms
- Blue sixlets chocolates, pictured above left
- Blue jelly beans. (Buy Jelly Bellies in bulk, pictured above in Blueberry and Berry
- Blue Raspberry taffy
- Blue swirl lollipops, pictured immediate left
- Wilton's blue candy melt wafers will coat your cake pops and help you make
brightly colored chocolates.
Blue Cakes and Cake Decorations
- Blue velvet cake or cupcakes: Bake blue velvet cake or cupcakes by adding blue
raspberry gelatin to a vanilla cake batter.
- Blue Jimmies, pictured upper right, are candy confetti sprinkles for cakes,
cupcakes, cookies and ice cream toppings.
Here are some sweet blue beverages for the perfect party drink:
- Jones soda has an awesome bubblegum blue
- Blue Gatorade flavors include:
- Torani syrup in blue raspberry is very blue indeed and makes a refreshing
shaved ice treat. Pour it over lemon lime soda for a soda the kids have likely
never tasted before.
Blue cotton candy
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something seahorse blue! Got
the blues? Whether you're having a blue cookie monster party, or celebrating a
birthday with seahorses, creating blue foods for a party is weird, wacky and
wonderful. How are you going to do it? We'll drop you a hint: err on the side of
caution as too much blue food coloring will detract from your theme. Use white plates
and accent with white foods so that you have just the right balance for guests to
More blue party food:
Start the birthday kid out right by placing one drop of blue food coloring into the bowl
then fill with cheerios. When your child is seated, pour the milk and watch the cereal
- A blue birthday cake. Mix just a few drops of blue food coloring with your white
cake mix or angel food recipe, but frost with simple white icing with blue
decorating gels for the lettering and cake design. For something more
unexpected, try the Wilton cake checkerboard pans with half white cake and
half blue cake.
- Shimmy the Jimmies. Blueberries are an obvious choice of food for your party,
but you can kick things up a notch with blue whipped cream sprinkled with blue
jimmies. Add just a hint of blue to your whipped topping, so as not to
overwhelm your guests.
- Blue cookies. The cookie monster is blue, and your cookies should be too. Try
our Easy Big Batch Sugar Cookie recipe and use India Tree sugar crystals. Try
adding blue drops of food coloring to the easy and delicious recipe for royal
icing made of meringue powder. Left, you'll also find Blue cookie icing.
- Melt-away with Wilton candy melts. It's much easier than melting white
chocolate and adding food coloring, and you'll likely have a prettier color baby
- Make seaside lemonade. Fill ice cube trays with water, then add a drop of food
coloring to each. As the blue ice melts into yellow lemonade, you'll have a
wonderful sea green.
- Blue bagel and cream cheese. Make blue bagels by adding a few drops of blue
food coloring to your home made bagel recipe. Keep the cream cheese white,
so that it's not too overwhelming. Don't have time to make bagels? Then do
the reverse: color the cream cheese.
- Blue deviled eggs. Start with your favorite deviled eggs recipe. Before scooping
the mixture back into the white egg halves, soak them in water mixed with a
few drops of food coloring to get the desired color. Allow drying time on paper
towels, then fill and serve. Blue looks terrific with the yellow centers.
Blue candies and sweet treats:
Make a centerpiece of clustered bowls of blue candies of different textures. We
- Air Heads Blue Raspberry
- blue and white gummies
- blue gum balls
- blue cotton candy
- Berry Blue Jelly Bellies
- blue honey sticks
- Hubba Bubba Blue Raspberry Gummi Tape
- Rock Candy, Blue Raspberry Swizzle Sticks
- Sour Blue Raspberry bars
- Tootsie Rolls Frooties Blue Raspberry Candy
- Blue and green Italian syrups.
- Blue Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- Watermelon drink rimmers.
- Kool-Aid Twists Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade
Other blue snack ideas
- Boo-berry cereal
- Blue Corn tortilla chips. (Try Blue Chips by Garden of Eatin'), pictured right.
Blue Cake and cupcake ideas
- Serve your blue birthday cake with bubblegum ice-cream, which is usually blue!
- Tear a piece of blue cotton candy as the blue cupcake topper. Buy blue cotton
candy by the tub.
- How to make blue ice cream: soften vanilla ice cream by letting it sit out to stand
a few minutes. Blend in blue powdered food coloring (not liquid). Then return to
the freezer to harden. Blue ice cream will look terrific for a pirate party or
nautical theme as it will look like the ocean.
Blue Birthday parties
If you've got the blues, then you'll want to try one of these very blue parties for kids:
Tell us about your blue party foods and share party ideas with us on Twitter. We'd love to
pass along your ideas to others and give you the credit.
Blue party foods...
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 3/13/14.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
Search more Cute Party Ideas